Historically, the Saudi sports industry was wholly reliant on government funding but following Vision 2030’s reforms, the government is aiming to accelerate the growth of the sports industry by increasing the role of the private sector within it. Saudi Arabia has launched a number of initiatives, including the Quality of Life Program, which aims to increase mass participation in sports among Saudi men and women, while growing the sports economy. The Kingdom's ultimate goal is to increase the number of competitive sports clubs and competitive athletes, which presents appealing opportunities for investors to develop and fully own sports clubs, academies, and centers in Saudi Arabia.
Explore Saudi Arabia's
private sector investment committed through clubs’ sponsorships until 2023
committed to support sports clubs in achieving financial maturity and privatization
Ambition to become the ideal destination for major international sporting events
- The Ministry of Sports was created to unlock the sector’s full potential.
- 23% mass participation and activity levels sports in 2019, up from 13% in 2015.
- $320 million private sector investment committed through clubs’ sponsorships until 2023
- $670 million committed to support sports clubs in achieving financial maturity and privatization
- Saudi Arabia has successfully hosted mega-events including WWE event, 3x3 FIBA, DAKAR, and Formula-E.
- The Sports Boulevard in Riyadh will include a 135-kilometer multi-sport track for activities such as cycling, jogging, and horseback riding.
Information and Communication Technology Opportunities
contact our Sports Expert
Thank you for your interest in the Invest Saudi.
We received your inquiry, and we will get back to you shortly.