Ministry of Investment
The Ministry of Investment is taking the lead in developing the investment environment in the Kingdom, as it conducts continuous studies on the Saudi market, in addition to its work in determining and developing the investment opportunities, motivating local investment and attracting foreign investments by highlighting the enormous capabilities and promising opportunities that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia possesses.
The Privacy Notice stated below is considered a part of the terms of your use of the Ministry of Investment E-portal. Please read this Privacy Notice carefully. The Ministry of Investment is obligated to maintain the confidentiality of the personal information to ensure that the rights of individuals are preserved. The Ministry of Investment complies with national data governance policies and main legislation to protect the rights and privacy of individuals in connection with their personal data, which is subject to the Personal Data Protection Law.
Approving the Privacy Notice
The Ministry of Investment collects personal data when you visit the E-portal, in order to provide high-quality services and by using the E-portal of the Ministry of Investment, you approve the Privacy Notice.
What is the data being collected?
- 1- Cookies : The site may store what is called Cookies on your device when you visit the website of the Ministry of Investment. Cookies are part of the data that uniquely identifies you as a user and can be used to improve your knowledge of the website of the Ministry of Investment and better understand the user experience.
- 2- Personal Data: The Ministry of Investment collects some personal data when you use e-services or means of communication of the Ministry with the possibility of sharing some data with government entities for the purpose of facilitating the investor's journey and improving the quality level.
- 3- Geographical Location: Sometimes, the user may be required to approve to specify his/her geographical location to benefit from some of the services provided on the website of the Ministry of Investment.
How do we use your personal data?
- The website of the Ministry of Investment's use of your IP helps in diagnosing problems that occur in its servers and helps it also to perform the necessary statistics to measure the use of the website (number of visitors, the language of the computer you are using and the type of the browser). No party outside its technical team is allowed to see your IP.
- Improving the user experience through improving and developing the website of the Ministry of Investment, in order to meet the needs and services of the users.
- Improving the service of the investors through effectively responding to the requests of the customer service and support needs.
- We use 'Google' analytical report to perform analysis of websites that you get their information from IP addresses, to show the displayed information such as: country, city, device, pages visited and session time for each page visited and these reports are used internally only for analysis purposes and website development.
- Sending periodic emails and these are for newsletter subscribers and are sent to the email address you have provided us; to process requests and may be used to send information and updates about your request as well as to receive the Ministry of Investment general news, updates and related products.
Personal Data Security
Your personal information will only be available to the employees of the Ministry of Investment who need to view it without the user's approval. This information will not be publicly available. None of this information will be exchanged or circulated or sold to any other party without the user's prior approval, except in cases imposed by law. Only qualified persons who provide the services of the website of the Ministry of Investment and government entities that contribute to the development of the site and facilitate the procedures of the investor's journey will be allowed to access the information. The Personal Data Protection Law is implemented and personal data protection policies issued by the National Data Management Office related to the security of personal data are adopted.
How do we share your personal data?
Personal data is shared after the approval of the data's owner, provided that it is shared for legitimate purposes with relevant government entities, in order to improve the investor experience and facilitate the investment process.
The legal basis for collecting and processing your personal data
According to the personal data protection policy issued by the National Data Management Office, the legal basis which we will depend on to process this data is as follows:
- Your explicit consent and you can withdraw your consent at any time, except for some of the exceptions described above, and to do so, you can contact us through the contact details shown below.
- Achieving the public interest: by facilitating and improving the procedures of the relevant government entities.
How do we store your personal data?
Your personal data is stored securely at the Ministry of Investment headquarter or through secure solutions in cloud computing services.
Any user who provides the website of the Ministry of Investment with his/her personal information has the following rights:
- Right to access to your personal data: by requesting a copy from your personal data via the email address mentioned in the contact details and you will receive a response within  business days.
- Right to correct your personal data: by requesting to correct your personal data that you see inaccurate, incorrect or incomplete via the email address mentioned in the contact details and it will be reviewed and updated within  business days and you will be notified about this through [your contact information].
- Right to destroy your personal data: by requesting to delete your personal data under specific circumstances in a manner that does not conflict with the legal basis and legitimate interests.
- Right to restrict processing: by requesting to restrict the processing of your personal data under specific circumstances and for specific period of time.
- Right to object to processing: by objecting to the processing of your personal data in the following cases [for the purposes of direct marketing- for specific tasks that are carried out for the public interest or our legitimate objectives].
- Right to transfer your personal data: by requesting the transfer of your personal data that is collected from you directly to another part in exchange for a fee and this right can only be exercised if your consent is the legal basis.
Changes to the Privacy Notice
Users should continuously view the Privacy Notice as change may occur in the Privacy Notice of the Ministry of Investment at any time. Changes will be posted on the Privacy Notice page with an indication of the date in which they occurred. This Notice was last modified on 25 November 2021 AD. The Ministry reserves the right to amend the Privacy Notice as needed and any amendment to the terms or conditions becomes effective immediately upon approval without any obligation to announce it.
In the event that you need to report a personal data violation or you have any questions about the Privacy Notice of the Ministry of Investment, you can contact us through the following:
Concerned Department/ Team: Data Management Office
Address: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia- Riyadh- Imam Saud Bin Abdulaziz Bin Muhammad Road- Nakheel District
Telephone No. : 8002449990
Email Address: DMO@misa.gov.sa
Personal Data Protection Legislation