With enormous room for private sector growth, the largest education market in the GCC opened to 100% foreign ownership in 2017. With a vision to turn today’s students into tomorrow’s leaders, private sector investment in education is at the heart of Vision
The Saudi government is committed to developing an educational infrastructure characterized by rigorous standards in literacy, numeracy, skills, and character development. Saudi Arabia is therefore welcoming investors across all education sectors from nurseries, pre-schools, K-12 to universities, technical and vocational education, and training (TVET), executive education, and education support services.
Explore Saudi Arabia's
spending on education
increase in private education since 2013
Largest education market in the GCC expected to grow further
- With more than 8.4 million students, Saudi Arabia has the largest education market in the GCC region.
- Saudi Arabia’s education sector is home to 6.4 million K-12 students, 1.8 million university students and 200,000 TVET students.
- Saudi government dedicates large amounts of spending on education year on year and is in fact currently the largest spender on education among the GCC countries.
Large untapped potential in the Saudi private education market
- Saudi Arabia has the lowest share of students enrolled in private education institutions relative to the GCC region.
- Yet, there is a big market demand for private education institutions as the demand for higher quality education is growing, creating strong opportunities for investors.
- Publicly listed education providers in Saudi Arabia are largely profitable.
Government commitment to support the growing education market
- The government is placing a strong emphasis on human capital by launching a dedicated Human Capital Development Program (HCDP) as part of the Vision 2030 realization programs.
- The HCDP includes many ambitious commitments by 2025, including raising the percentage of children enrolled in kindergartens to 40% and increasing the number of Saudi universities ranked among the world’s top 200 to six.
- The government has invested heavily in e-learning, with 9 million students benefiting from distance learning platforms and 300,000 children benefiting from the virtual kindergarten platform.
- Various incentives are offered for private sector to play a key role in the Kingdom’s education reforms.
Culture and Entertainment Opportunities
Success Stories from
‘’Our company decided to move to Saudi Arabia to work in education in February 2019. By September 1, 2019, we were fully operational. The Kingdom has been welcoming for our businesses. I think a lot of companies and organizations will move in to work with this incredible population and be part of the social change that's going on here.’’ – Ray Damm, CEO, ACCEL
Company Name : ACCEL
Name : Ray Damm
Position : CEO
Sector name : Education
‘’We're very happy with our experience in Saudi Arabia. We have encountered a wonderful atmosphere being able to invest here as foreign investors. Everything has been very smooth. We look forward to expanding across the Kingdom.’’
Company Name : City School Saudi
Name : Amrana Ahmed
Position : Regional Director
Sector name : Education
contact our Education Expert
Thank you for your interest in the Invest Saudi.
We received your inquiry, and we will get back to you shortly.