Saudi Arabia is home to the largest conventional energy market in the GCC. The sector is undergoing sweeping reforms that will ensure the long-term health and sustainability of the electricity sector and the achievements of the Kingdom's goal under Vision 2030. These reforms have also unlocked several investment opportunities to improve the sector's efficiency while also increasing conventional energy’s reliability and quality of services in the Kingdom.
Explore Saudi Arabia's
Conventional Energy Sector
country worldwide for the energy consumption per capita
country worldwide in annual electricity production
Large and growing market demand for energy
- Residential, commercial, and industrial sectors are driving higher power consumption, which is expected to increase by more than 40% by 2030.
- Natural gas will gradually replace liquid fuel generation, resulting in bigger and more attractive investment opportunities
- Greater energy consumption will be driven by the establishment of large new projects in the Kingdom including Qiddiya, NEOM, and the Red Sea Project.
Robust infrastructure and foundation
- The government has a solid track record of growing the industry, with attractive incentives and a well-established regulatory framework
- A strong local supply chain that provides the required raw materials and human resources to help companies flourish.
- Strategically located to build energy network linkages with neighboring nations and gain access to export markets
Strong commitment to localization and private sector engagement
- The SEC localization plan calls for the addition of 162,000 kilometers of distribution lines, raising the total number of consumers to almost 10.8 million.
- With a considerable 129% growth in the number of local factories producing electrical equipment, SEC’s localization program is already encouraging development of local manufacturing capabilities.
Culture and Entertainment Opportunities
contact our Conventional Energy Expert
Thank you for your interest in the Invest Saudi.
We received your inquiry, and we will get back to you shortly.