This opportunity entails developing the value chain for the production of CT-VT instrument transformers in Saudi Arabia to serve the country and the broader GCC region.
The overall demand for CT-VT instrument transformers in Saudi Arabia has been growing, estimated to be 244,000 units in 2018. Driven by utilities, oil and gas and other manufacturing industries, KSA demand is forecasted to increase at an annual growth rate of 5% to reach 302,000 units by 2022. In 2018, demand for CT-VT instrument transformers is ~70% for switchgears and 30% for power transformers and the remaining for other types. The split is expected to remain relatively the same till 2022.
Beyond the KSA market, investors in Saudi have the opportunity to tap into the large regional market in the GCC, with expected increase in demand from 252,000 units in 2018 to 325,000 units by 2022. KSA market demand is expected to be ~50% the overall GCC demand for CT-VT instrument transformers.
The focus of this opportunity is on final manufacturing and components manufacturing of CV-V instrument transformers. These opportunities entail:
- Components manufacturing: establish manufacturing facilities for windings, insulators and magnetic cores
- Final manufacturing and testing: establish facilities for final manufacturing of CT-VT instrument transformers
- Final manufacturing and testing: establish world scale testing facilities for transformers (ratio test, resistance measurements…)
However, there are additional opportunities across the CV-VT instrument manufacturing value chain. Opportunities include:
- Design: establish technical facilities for design of electrical equipment
- Input materials: manufacture iron, silicon steel alloys, copper, epoxy to meet KSA's specifications
- Sales and after-sales: provide operational and after sales support (installation and commissioning, maintenance)
contact our Manufacturing Of CT-VT Instrument Transformers Expert
Thank you for your interest in the Invest Saudi.
We received your inquiry, and we will get back to you shortly.