This opportunity entails developing the value chain for the production of circuit breakers to serve KSA and the broader GCC region.
The overall demand for circuit breakers in Saudi Arabia has been growing, estimated at USD 370 million in 2018. Driven by utilities, oil and gas and other manufacturing industries, KSA demand is forecasted to increase at an annual growth rate of 4% to reach USD 439 million by 2022. In 2018, demand for circuit breakers is 60% for high voltage and 30% for low voltage and ~10% for medium voltage. The split is expected to remain relatively the same till 2022.
Beyond the KSA market, investors in Saudi have the opportunity to tap into the large regional market in the GCC with expected increase in demand from USD 308 million in 2018 to USD 370 million by 2022.
The focus of this opportunity is on final manufacturing and components manufacturing of circuit breakers. These opportunities entail:
- Components manufacturing: establish manufacturing facilities conductors, contacts, operating mechanism and enclosures
- Final manufacturing and testing: establish facilities for final manufacturing of low circuit breakers
- Final manufacturing and testing: establish facilities for final manufacturing of medium voltage circuit breakers
- Final manufacturing and testing: establish world scale testing facilities for (e.g., vacuum interrupter predictive testing)
However, there are additional opportunities across the circuit breakers manufacturing value chain. Opportunities include:
- Design: custom design and engineer circuit breakers for low and medium voltage applications for Saudi customers
- Input materials: manufacture copper alloys to meet KSA's specifications
contact our Manufacturing Of Circuit Breakers Expert
Thank you for your interest in the Invest Saudi.
We received your inquiry, and we will get back to you shortly.