Investment Highlights-Q1 2022
Saudi Arabia’s economy reports 101 closed investment deals worth more than $4 billion in Q1 2022
In this 12th edition of ''Investment Highlights'', we explore a record-breaking quarter for investors in Saudi Arabia.
The report highlights the signing of 101 investment deals, 57 of which had disclosed investment amounts, during Q1 2022. The deals overseen by MISA are expected to drive investments worth more than $4 billion and create 5,816 new jobs in the local economy.
Saudi Arabia’s economy is proving to be one of the fastest globally to rebound from the economic fallout of the COVID-19 pandemic, with flash estimates pointing to 9.6% real GDP growth in the first quarter of 2022, driven by a surge in global energy demand and a 3.7% rise in non-oil activity.
Saudi Arabia is unlocking countless opportunities for investors thanks to attractive incentive packages and dynamic business reforms, with many untapped sectors now easily accessible through an investor-friendly environment. Foreign Direct Investment inflows into the Kingdom expanded to $19.3 billion (SAR 72.4 billion) in 2021 – a 257.2% annual increase.
Special features include opening remarks from H.E. Majed Al Hoqail, Minister of Municipal, Rural Affairs and Housing, and a deep dive into the opportunities provided by the Kingdom’s real estate sector.
Finally, the report features exclusive interviews with the top executives of Amazon MENA, Lucid, ACWA Power, ROSHN, and Jabal Omar, sharing their experience and journey through the Kingdom’s investment environment.
* Opening remarks by H.E. Majed Al Hoqail, Minister of Municipal, Rural Affairs and Housing.
* Interviews with the most prominent leaders of the private sector and major investors in the real estate sector.
* Saudi economic performance in Q1 2022
* Investment developments in Q1 2022
* Sector Highlight: Reviewing the residential real estate sector and its role in building the future
* Key reforms affecting investment
* Market diversity attracts major deals
* Investor events inside and outside the Kingdom
* How to become a part of the investment story
Explore More Resources
Keep up-to-date with our latest investments reports.Explore All