This opportunity entails building and operating zoos of various sizes across the Kingdom:
- Five large zoos in two large cities: Riyadh (2), Jeddah (3)
- Four medium zoos in two medium cities: Madinah (3), Buraydah (1)
- Seven small zoos in three small cities: Hail (1), Abha (4), Jazan (2)
The total area is 50 hectares per large zoo, 15 hectares per medium zoo, and 10 hectares per small zoo
The required investment is SAR 530M per large zoo, SAR 150M per medium zoo and SAR 110M per small zoo, assuming a pure private sector investment model.
Recreation and entertainment are key pillars of Vision 2030, with the government aiming to increase spend on recreation from 2.9% to 6% of total spend by 2030. The establishment of zoos will attract significant spend, especially from Young Saudis (under 30) who make up approximately 50% of the total population.
The serious government commitment, coupled with the large demand for zoos among young Saudis, create an attractive opportunity to establish zoos in the Kingdom
- Pure private sector model
- Pure operation with management scheme (no investment needed)
contact our Zoos Development Expert
Thank you for your interest in the Invest Saudi.
We received your inquiry, and we will get back to you shortly.