This opportunity entails developing the value chain for the production of welding machinery to serve KSA and the broader GCC region.
Overall market size for welding machinery in Saudi Arabia is estimated at USD 261 million in 2017 and is forecasted to reach USD 297 million by 2022. Beyond the KSA market, investors have the opportunity to tap into the larger regional market in the GCC with an expected increase in demand from USD 218 million in 2017 to USD 248 million by 2022. KSA demand for welding machinery makes up ~55% of the overall GCC market demand.
This opportunity mainly focuses on welding components manufacturing and welding machinery final assembly.
- Welding components: develop manufacturing facilities for inverters, welding cables, welding torches and other welding machinery components
- Final assembly: establish facilities for final assembly of welding machinery
However, additional opportunities for localization exist across the value chain of diesel generators production. These opportunities include:
- Raw materials: manufacture raw materials such as iron and steel, copper and aluminum to meet the specifications needed for welding components
- After-sale services: provide maintenance and repair services including repairs and spares
Industrial and Manufacturing
Industrial Equipment & Spare Parts
To be determined by the investor
To be assessed by investor (cost drivers and other financial figures to be shared upon request)
Open to starting the project as soon as possible
- Pure private sector model
- Joint venture with local player
Contact Our Manufacturing of welding machinery Expert
Thank you for your interest in the Invest Saudi.
We received your inquiry, and we will get back to you shortly.