This opportunity entails developing the value chain for the production of welding consumables to serve KSA and the broader GCC region.
Overall market size for welding consumables in Saudi Arabia is estimated at USD 208 million in 2017 and is forecasted to reach USD 242 million by 2022. Beyond the KSA market, investors have the opportunity to tap into the larger regional market in the GCC with an expected increase in demand from USD 250 million in 2017 to USD 290 million by 2022. KSA welding electrodes market size composes ~45% of the overall GCC market size.
This opportunity mainly focuses on welding consumables manufacturing.
- Consumables manufacturing: Set up new manufacturing facilities for producing welding consumables (manual welding electrodes, flux coated wires for Arc Welding FCAW, rods for Gas Tungsten Arc Welding GTAW, and wires for Submerged Arc Welding SAW). Current local production meets less than 30% of KSA demand.
However, additional opportunities for localization exist across the value chain of diesel generators production. These opportunities include:
- Raw materials: manufacture metals such as iron, steel, copper, aluminum, brass and bronze and coating materials to welding consumables specifications
- Support products and services: manufacture safety related products (insulated blankets and personal protection equipment such as helmets, goggles, gloves) and other accessories such as consumables pre-heater, wire feeders and workstations
- Support products and services: production of Argon
- Support products and services: testing and inspection (liquid penetrant inspection, acoustics, radiographic, mass particle, metallurgic analysis), certification (welder qualification training, product certification), other services (consulting – welding process design and evaluation)
Industrial and Manufacturing
Industrial Equipment & Spare Parts
To be determined by the investor
To be assessed by investor (cost drivers and other financial figures to be shared upon request)
Open to starting the project as soon as possible
- Pure private sector model
- Joint venture with local player
Contact Our Manufacturing of welding consumables Expert
Thank you for your interest in the Invest Saudi.
We received your inquiry, and we will get back to you shortly.