This opportunity entails developing the value chain for the production of protective relays to serve KSA and the broader GCC region.
The overall demand for protective relays in Saudi Arabia has been growing, estimated at USD 60 million and forecasted to increase at an annual growth rate of 3% to reach USD 67 Mn by 2022. Beyond the KSA market, investors in Saudi have the opportunity to tap into the large regional market in the GCC with expected increase in demand from USD 50 million in 2018 to USD 56 million by 2022. KSA market is expected to be ~54% of the overall GCC demand for protective relays.
The focus of this opportunity is on final manufacturing and components manufacturing of protective relays. These opportunities entail:
- Components manufacturing: establish facilities for manufacturing of relay components such as contacts, frames, armatures, DP switches, circuits and microcontrollers (among others)
- Final manufacturing and testing: establish facilities for final manufacturing and testing of auxiliary, digital and contractor relays
However, there are additional opportunities across the protective relays manufacturing value chain. Opportunities include:
- Design: custom design and engineer to meet Saudi customers technical requirements
- Input materials: produce steel, copper, silver cadmium oxide and silver palladium to meet KSA's specifications
Industrial and Manufacturing
Industrial Equipment & Spare Parts
To be determined by the investor
To be assessed by investor (cost drivers and other financial figures to be shared upon request)
Open to starting the project as soon as possible
- Pure private sector model
- Joint venture with local player
Contact Our Manufacturing of protective relays Expert
Thank you for your interest in the Invest Saudi.
We received your inquiry, and we will get back to you shortly.