This opportunity entails developing the value chain for the production of personal protective equipment (PPE) to serve KSA and the broader GCC region.
Overall market size for PPE in Saudi Arabia is estimated at USD 341 million in 2017 and is forecasted to grow at an annual growth rate of 7% to reach USD 477 million by 2022. Beyond the KSA market, investors in Saudi have the opportunity to tap into the large regional market in the GCC with expected increase in demand from USD 96 million in 2017 to USD 135 million by 2022. The KSA market demand is expected to be ~70% of the overall GCC demand for PPE.
The main focus of this opportunity is to develop facilities to manufacture hard hats, face and eye protection, fall protection systems, protective clothing materials and tailor fire resistant clothing to customer specifications.
However, additional opportunities for localization exist across the value chain of PPE production. These opportunities include:
- Input materials: Localize manufacturing of input materials such as High density polyethylene, polyethylene, etc. to the specifications needed for PPEs
- Sales and Distribution: facilities to test and certify PPEs
- Sales and Distribution: opportunity for SMEs to provide services such as storage, logistics, distribution and repair services for PPEs.
Industrial and Manufacturing
Industrial Equipment & Spare Parts
To be determined by the investor
To be assessed by investor (cost drivers and other financial figures to be shared upon request)
Open to starting the project as soon as possible
- Pure private sector model
- Joint venture with local player
Contact Our Manufacturing of personal protective equipment (PPE) Expert
Thank you for your interest in the Invest Saudi.
We received your inquiry, and we will get back to you shortly.