This opportunity entails developing the value chain for the production of low voltage motors to serve KSA and the broader GCC region.
The overall demand for low voltage motors in Saudi Arabia has been growing, estimated to be 585,000 units valued at USD 59 million in 2018 and forecasted to increase at an annual growth rate of 3% to reach 647,000 units by 2022. Three phase asynchronous motors are the most widely used types in the Kingdom.
Beyond the KSA market, investors in Saudi have the opportunity to tap into the large regional market in the GCC with expected increase in demand from 394,000 units valued at USD 99 million in 2018 to 436,000 by 2022. The KSA market demand is expected to be ~60% of the overall GCC demand for low voltage motors.
The main focus of this opportunity is to develop manufacturing facilities for terminal boxes, fans, stators, bearings and rotors and final manufacturing and factory testing of motors.
However, there are additional opportunities across the low voltage motors manufacturing value chain. These additional opportunities include:
- Design: establish design facilities to customize low voltage motors to customer needs and specifications
- Input materials: manufacture copper, stainless and carbon steel, aluminum, iron, intermediate elastomers and coating to meet the specifications needed for components
- Sales and after-sales services: establish after-sales operations for inspection, maintenance, repair and overhaul
Industrial and Manufacturing
Industrial Equipment & Spare Parts
To be determined by the investor
To be assessed by investor (cost drivers and other financial figures to be shared upon request)
Open to starting the project as soon as possible
- Pure private sector model
- Joint venture with local player
Contact Our Manufacturing of low voltage motors Expert
Thank you for your interest in the Invest Saudi.
We received your inquiry, and we will get back to you shortly.