This opportunity entails developing the value chain for the production of Industrial UPS to serve KSA and the broader GCC region.
The overall demand for UPS in Saudi Arabia has been growing, estimated at USD 146 million in 2018. Driven by demand growth from utilities, oil and gas and other manufacturing industries, demand is forecasted to increase at an annual growth rate of 10% to reach USD 213 million by 2022. Double and delta conversion are the most widely used industrial UPS in the Kingdom.
Beyond the KSA market, investors in Saudi have the opportunity to tap into the large regional market in the GCC with expected increase in demand from USD 170 million in 2018 to USD 240 million by 2022. KSA market is expected to be ~46% of the overall GCC demand for UPS.
The focus of this opportunity is on the manufacturing of Industrial UPS, with a focus on lead acid batteries, inverters, rectifiers, and panels.
However, there are additional opportunities across the UPS manufacturing value chain. Opportunities include:
- Design: establish design facilities to customize industrial UPS to customer needs and specifications
- Input materials: manufacture copper, ABS, rubber, polypropylene steel to meet the specifications needed for components
- Final manufacturing: SMEs to perform final manufacturing, system parts integration and testing of UPS
- Sales and after-sales: opportunities to provide services such as installation, inspection and maintenance of UPS and its components
Industrial and Manufacturing
Industrial Equipment & Spare Parts
To be determined by the investor
To be assessed by investor (cost drivers and other financial figures to be shared upon request)
Open to starting the project as soon as possible
- Pure private sector model
- Joint venture with local player
Contact Our Manufacturing of industrial UPS Expert
Thank you for your interest in the Invest Saudi.
We received your inquiry, and we will get back to you shortly.