This opportunity entails developing the value chain for the production of spiral and slick drill collars to serve the KSA and GCC oil and gas industry
The overall demand for drill collars has been growing, estimated to be ~5,000 units valued at USD 12 million in 2017. Driven by the growth in onshore drilling, and well completion to maintain 2025 production targets, drill collar demand is forecasted to increase at an annual growth rate of ~5% to reach ~7,300 units valued at USD 18 million by 2025. Currently, KSA demand for drill collars is addressed fully through imports, presenting a great opportunity for investors to localize production.
Beyond the KSA market, investors in Saudi have the opportunity to tap into the large regional market in the GCC which is expected to witness strong growth fueled by oil and gas production, expected to increase from ~8,700 units in 2017 to ~12,700 units by 2025.
In addition to an increasing market demand, Saudi has an attractive cost base including low labor, land, utilities and logistics cost. Also, there is competitive pricing of material supply, including carbon and alloy steel.
The focus of this opportunity is on manufacturing of drill collars given that the demand is growing, KSA is abundant in raw material and there is currently no local manufacturing. However, there are additional opportunities for localization across the drill collars production value chain. Opportunities across the value chain include:
- Design & manufacturing: design and manufacture spirals and slick drill collars based on international and Aramco standards and certifications
- After sales and renting: Rental services is a major opportunity for SMEs as it allows drillers access to the most advanced equipment that suit the local terrain
- Aftersales and renting: Aftersales services of stubbing of drill collars; potentially allowing recycled usage and repair of the drill collars
Industrial and Manufacturing
Industrial Equipment & Spare Parts
To be determined by the investor
To be assessed by investor (cost drivers and other financial figures to be shared upon request)
Open to starting the project as soon as possible
- Pure private sector model
- Joint venture with local player
Contact Our Manufacturing of drill collars Expert
Thank you for contacting us!
We have received your message and we will contact you soon.