This opportunity entails developing the value chain for the production of butterfly valves to serve KSA and the broader GCC market.
Overall demand for butterfly valves in Saudi Arabia has been increasing, estimated to be 33,000 units in 2018, and forecasted to increase at an annual growth rate of 3% to reach 37,400 units by 2022.
Beyond the KSA market, investors in Saudi have the opportunity to tap into the large regional market in the GCC, expected to increase from 64,100 units in 2018 to 73,400 units by 2022. The KSA demand is expected to make up ~34% of the total GCC market demand.
The main focus of this opportunity is to establish component and final manufacturing facilities to produce butterfly valves.
- Component manufacturing: establish manufacturing facilities for valve components (e.g., bodies, seats, stems, plugs…) by utilizing machining, cladding and heat treatment capabilities
- Final manufacturing and testing: setup after-sales support and technical assistance services, including storage, logistics, installation, maintenance, and other remedial work
However, additional opportunities for localization exist across the value chain of butterfly valve production. These opportunities include:
- Design: establish a butterfly and valve design capabilities in Saudi Arabia to cater for local requirements
- Input materials: localize production of elastomers and coating
Industrial and Manufacturing
Industrial Equipment & Spare Parts
To be determined by the investor
To be assessed by investor (cost drivers and other financial figures to be shared upon request)
Open to starting the project as soon as possible
- Pure private sector model
- Joint venture with local player
Contact Our Manufacturing of butterfly valves Expert
Thank you for your interest in the Invest Saudi.
We received your inquiry, and we will get back to you shortly.