Aluminium Fluoride is added to the production process of primary aluminium to lower the consumption of electricity required in the smelting process and thereby considerably contributes to the reduction of production costs of aluminium. Aluminium producers (smelters) are the main users of aluminium fluoride. The Aluminium smelting capacity in the KSA will be close to 1,200 KMT. The rest of the GCC region is likely to have Aluminium smelting capacity of 5,700 KMT. This will create an AlF3 demand of 24 KMT in the KSA and 114 KMT in the rest of the GCC region.
- MENA demand (Tons): Aluminium Fluoride 140K
- Ideal Capacity Size (Tons): 25K Hydrogen fluoride plant, and further expanding into 34K of Aluminium Fluoride plant
- Manpower: 40
- Investment Level: USD 105 Million for both HF + ALF3
Mining and Metals
To be determined by the investor
To be assessed by investor (cost drivers and other financial figures to be shared upon request)
Open to starting the project as soon as possible
- Pure private sector model
- Joint venture with local player
Contact Our Aluminium Fluoride Expert
Thank you for your interest in the Invest Saudi.
We received your inquiry, and we will get back to you shortly.