Manufacturing of smart meters

Home > Sectors & Opportunities > Industrial and Manufacturing > Manufacturing of smart meters
A+ A A-

Overview

This opportunity entails developing the value chain for the production of smart meters to serve KSA and the broader GCC region.

The overall demand for smart meters in Saudi Arabia has been growing, estimated to be 400,000 units valued at USD 66 million in 2018, with 70% of value spent on smart meters and remaining 30% on other components. The market for smart meters and components is forecasted to increase at a rapid pace with an annual growth rate of 22% to reach 2.2 million units by 2022 valued at USD 404 million.

Manufacturing of Smart meters has high potential for localization across the value chain. These value chain opportunities include:

  • Sensors and devices: establish manufacturing plant for smart meters
  • Sensors and devices: establish manufacturing plant for smart meters components to stimulate adoption of smart grids (line sensors, FACTS, RTUs…)
  • Infrastructure and platforms: partner with leading IoT wireless technology providers to setup assembly and manufacturing facilities for communication and storage devices
  • Infrastructure and platforms: partner with service providers to develop upgrades to infrastructure and platforms in-country through the setup of R&D hubs
  • Services: opportunities to offer value added services for smart grids and meters (e.g., energy management, real time billing, monitoring and controls…)

Opportunity Details

Industrial and Manufacturing
Sector
Industrial Equipment & Spare Parts
Sub-sector
To be determined by the investor
Location
To be assessed by investor (cost drivers and other financial figures to be shared upon request)
Investment size
Open to starting the project as soon as possible
Timeline

Investment Model

Model: Opportunity to consider different operating models:
  • Opportunity to consider different operating models:
  • Joint venture with local player

Contact Our Manufacturing of smart meters Expert

Thank you for your interest in the Invest Saudi.

We received your inquiry, and we will get back to you shortly.

beta