GE Healthcare operations in the kingdom
GE Healthcare today has achieved 100% local Distribution and After-Sales Service in the Kingdom. It operates its Sales and After-Sales Service operation in Saudi through direct operations for the Kingdom via two joint-ventures. They employ over 350 people with over 40% Saudization, including over 100 technical field engineers.
With a presence in Riyadh, Jeddah and Dhahran, GE Healthcare provides expertise and support to customers throughout the Kingdom with local capabilities including:
- An all-female Healthcare Service Center available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week staffed with expert technical support.
- Local Service Parts warehouse located in Riyadh established over 10 years ago to serve Saudi Arabia exclusively.
- The first integrated remote support team in the Kingdom, co-located with GE’s Service Center; 7 Resident Field Engineers located in major hospitals working 24/7; provider of local services in remote areas, with reach from Qurayat in the North to Jizan and Najran in the South with over 10 Field Engineers based in very remote areas.
- 200+ courses offered to 10,000+ Saudi professionals in Clinical, Technical, Leadership & eHealth practice areas since establishing the Healthcare Skills & Training Institute in partnership with King Fahad Medical City in 2013.
- GE Healthcare Life Sciences is providing on-going support enabling the development of a biotech industry in the Kingdom covering national Vaccine self-sufficiency and pandemic preparedness programs with both private and public partners including delivering education & training, state-of-the-art technology and Life Sciences business coaching enabling the development of a full biotech industry and ecosystem in the country.