Founded in 1979, Cerner is now the largest publicly traded company dedicated solely to Healthcare Information Technology, made up of more than 21,000 associates present in 30 countries around the world.
Cerner has been in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia since 1991 and today they are operational in 11 hospitals, their clients include hospitals such as:
- King Faisal Specialists Hospital & Research Center
- Prince Mohammed bin Abdulaziz Hospital
- Prince Sultan Military Medical City
- National Guard Health Affairs
- King Saud University Hospital ( King Khaled University Hospital & King Abdulaziz University Hospital)
- Aldara Hospital
- Dr. Erfan & Begado Hospital
In the Middle East, ~93% of Healthcare Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Stage 6 sites are Cerner clients. King Faisal Specialist Hospital, Riyadh was the 1st hospital to achieve HIMSS 6 in the Middle East, a Stage 7 is the highest one can achieve. King Faisal Specialist Hospital Ambulatory/Outpatient was also the 1st site to receive HIMSS 7 outside the U.S.
In 2012 Cerner Middle East entered into a joint venture with King Saud University and the Al Zamil Holding Group to form the Saudi Health Information Systems Company (SHIS). SHIS is a company specialized in developing systems and hardware for computer software related to clinical and analytical information for medical applications, providing installations, maintenance and training services. SHIS aims to:
- Address the needs of the Ministry of Education Affiliated Hospital Market (MEAH) in both the health and academic needs of the hospitals.
- Provide internationally certified education and training to Saudi Nationals in healthcare related subjects such as health informatics and eventually build up to delivering to vocational training (Associate Degree)
- To provide services and solutions based on Health Informatics to the MEAH
- Healthcare Information Technology
- United States
Country of Origin
Our mission of improving the health of populations is very much in line with the Kingdom’s Strategic Healthcare Plan and we are fully committed to support the Saudi government and citizens in the development of a world class healthcare system.”