This opportunity entails developing and operating private universities and technical and vocational education training institutions in Saudi Arabia.
KSA has witnessed a significant increase in the participation of the private sector in tertiary education over the past couple of years.
- Universities: Enrolment in private universities witnessed significant growth from 2010 to 2016 (~15% growth per annum)
- Private training institutes (TVET): Male enrolment in private training institutes witnessed ~15% growth per annum since 2011, with female enrolment remaining stable
In line with the growth witnessed over the past couple of years and in light of Vision 2030, a shift is expected in tertiary education towards the private sector.
As such, Saudi Arabia has set ambitious future targets to boost the proportion of graduates from tertiary private sector institutions:
- Increase in the proportion of high school students entering private universities from 9% to 15% by 2020 - resulting in around 125,000 additional seats
- Increase in the number of students who continue their education in TVET institutes from 7% to 12.5%
The shift towards increased participation of the private sector in tertiary education in Saudi Arabia offers lucrative opportunities for private investors.
Across the Kingdom
To be determined by the investor
Open to starting the project as soon as possible
- The investor will bear all capital expenditure associated with the project, including the infrastructural cost, and the operating expenses.
- Access to land and educational buildings can be facilitated by government entities (e.g., providing long-lease to lands and buildings)
Contact Our Universities and TVET institutions Expert
Thank you for contacting us!
We have received your message and we will contact you soon.