This opportunity entails localizing the value chain for coagulants to serve the KSA industry.
Coagulants consumption in KSA is expected to rise significantly over the next couple of years driven mainly by the increasing population (~2% CAGR growth from 2018 to 2030) and by the increasing industrial activity driving increased water consumption.
The overall market size for coagulants is expected to increase at 8% CAGR from 119 million USD in 2018 to 205 million USD in 2030.
In addition, building blocks (e.g., sulfuric acid, urea, methanol, iron, chlorine and aluminum) are available in KSA in sufficient volumes.
The increase in demand for coagulants and the limited presence of local players coupled with the Governments push for localization presents a great opportunity for the private sector to invest in establishing facilities for coagulants in Saudi Arabia.
Beyond the facilities for coagulants, other opportunities exist across the value chain including:
- Establishing production facilities for key input materials and chemicals (e.g., aluminum hydroxide and melamine) due to the absence of building blocks (e.g., iron, chlorine and aluminum)
- Providing handling services (e.g., drums and iso containers) due to the absence of local providers
- Providing inspection and testing services for original equipment manufacturers due to the absence of local providers
To be determined by the investor
To be assessed by investor (cost drivers and other financial figures to be shared upon request)
Open to starting the project as soon as possible
- Pure private sector model
- Joint venture with local player
Contact Our Facilities for coagulants Expert
Thank you for your interest in the Invest Saudi.
We received your inquiry, and we will get back to you shortly.