This opportunity entails localizing the entire value chain for polyurethane to serve the KSA and Middle Eastern markets.
Polyurethane consumption in KSA and the Middle East is expected to increase significantly over the next couple of years driven mainly by the growing residential market.
The overall consumption for polyurethane in the Middle East is expected to increase from 434 thousand MT in 2018 to 478 thousand MT in 2021, leading to an increase in the market size from 998 M USD in 2018 to 1,196 M USD in 2021.
- KSA market: Local consumption is expected to increase from 130 thousand MT in 2018 to 143 thousand MT in 2021.
- Rest of the Middle East: Local consumption is expected to increase from 303 thousand MT in 2018 to 335 thousand MT in 2021.
In addition, key raw material for production of polyurethanes are readily available in KSA including polyols, TDI and MDI.
The increase in demand for polyurethane, the availability of raw material for the blending process and the limited presence of local players coupled with the Governments push for localization presents a great opportunity for the private sector to invest in establishing blending facilities for polyurethane in Saudi Arabia.
Beyond the blending facilities for polyurethanes, other opportunities exist across the value chain including:
- Establishing production facilities for polyester, polyols and recycled polyester polyols
- Providing distribution, transportation and loading services
To be determined by the investor
To be assessed by investor (cost drivers and other financial figures to be shared upon request)
Open to starting the project as soon as possible
- Pure private sector model
- Joint venture with local player
Contact Our Blending facilities for polyurethanes Expert
Thank you for contacting us!
We have received your message and we will contact you soon.